Skip to main content
Software & Images Resources
Burston, O. (2005). Man running on a treadmill. Retrieved from http://images.wellcome.ac.uk/
What is Creative Commons?
- Creative Commons licensing allows the use of copyright works under specific licence terms.
- Remember, Creative Commons works are free as long as you comply with the terms of the license.
Creative Commons works are bound by licence restrictions, the main restrictions of Creative Commons licences are:
Attribution - Each Creative Commons licence contains an attribution requirement.
Non-commercial - The work can only be used for non-commercial purposes.
No-derivatives - You must not create a derivative work from the original work. You must not alter, modify or adapt the work.
Share Alike - The work can be adapted, modified, altered, or changed and you must distribute the new work under a share alike licence.
Search the following sites to locate images available in the public domain.
What software is available in the Bloedorn Technology Center?
Himmelfarb Library's Bloedorn Technology Center is located on the third floor of the library and is available 24/7.
Below is a partial list of resources:
- SAS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- Stata - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- SPSS - statistical package for analyzing quantitative data.
- Stat/Transfer - a data conversion program that allows you to transfer a data set from one format to another (i.e. from Excel to SAS)
- ArcGIS and extensions - an integrated package of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software for mapping, spatial analysis, and data management
- Epi Info - a series of programs written by the CDC for use in investigating outbreaks and monitoring public health status. The program allows for the development of questionnaires and forms, data input, and data analysis.
- CDCynergy - a software program that can be used to plan and evaluate health communication interventions within a public health framework.
- Google Earth - a software program that provides maps and satellite images of the planet.
- NASA World Wind - an open source software program that provides images of the earth using satellit imager and elevation data to render the terrain in 3D.
- NUD*IST - a statistical program that allows for the input, grouping, and analysis of qualitative data (interviews, observational field notes, etc.) rather than quantitative data.
- Empower - a software program that can aid health educators and practitioners in efforts to plan, implement, and evaluate community health programs. Various models and interventions are illustrated using breast cancer prevention and control as an example in the decision making process.