Skip to main content
Health Sciences Research Commons
Where to publish?
Cofactor Journal Selector
Identify a journal in which to publish based on subject, peer review, open access, speed of review and other factors.
Journal/Article Name Estimator (JANE)
Enter your article title or abstract and JANE will provide a list of journals that may be appropriate for your submission.
Journal Citation Reports
Look up the key journals in your field, sortable by impact factor, Eigenfactor or other metrics.
Scopus Journal Comparison
Similar to impact factor, Scopus evaluates journals with several metrics to determine their value within a given field.
Help With Citation Analysis
The Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library provides access to a number of resources to help you analyze citations:
- Click "Analytics" on the blue ribbon above the search bar
- You can get SJR and SNIP values (see "Journal Impact" tab) for journals and create charts comparing different titles
- Web of Science
- Click "Additional Resources" tab at the top of the page
- Select "Journal Citation Reports" to get access to citation data
- Quantifying Scholarly Research Impact guide
- Reference & Instruction Librarian Tom Harrod's guide contains tips on calculating an author- and journal-level metrics (H-index, G-index, Eigenfactor, Scimago Journal Rank, and others) and a case study of two authors.
GW open access publishing discount
Himmelfarb Library is an institutional member of BioMed Central. GW authors receive a 15% discount on the article publishing charge for articles in the 250+ BioMed Central journals, which cover many specialties in medicine, public health and nursing.
Institutional Membership discount of 15% for GW faculty, staff and students through Himmelfarb Library.